A private garden near to Yarmouth. Our customer was in need of a make over for their swimming pool area. The old space was tricky to use because of differing levels made from tired and rough paving slabs, and was surrounded with a dilapidated fence. The new pool area is now so much more welcoming, nicer to use and safer for all ages. New material choices retain the charm and sit the pool comfortably into its beautiful surroundings.
Please click on the thumbnails below to enlarge.
- Composite decking, made by ‘Millboard’. This colour and finish is named as Smoked Oak, with an Enhanced Grain. A long-lasting, low maintenance solution.
- Stainless steel screws were used to secure the deck to the sub-frame. These virtually disappear through the surface coating of the ‘Millboard’ deck.
- Matching bull-nosed edging and fascia boards complete the project with great attention to detail.
- The original area had tricky changes in levels. This has been resolved with an integral step, and setting the deck at continuous levels to the pool surround tiles.
- The sub-frame is made from a plastic structure that will not rot.
- Trap doors allow access points to the pools drainage and workings now hidden beneath the deck. Discreet finger latches allow the hatches to be lifted.
- Porcelain tiles now edge the pool, and have been machined with a bull-nose finish to give a bespoke, beautiful and ‘soft’ finish.
- A new traditional picket fence replaces the old, with new gates. An essential safety aspect to this project.
- The existing plants have been carefully reused to ensure the space retains its original beauty. A circular border which was once a water feature is now planted with Pelargoniums has been incorporated into the deck.
- The long lasting nature of the materials, structure and construction ensure this project is environmentally friendly.
Avril said: “Thank you and your team for all your hard work this Summer. The pool area has really come into its own. It all looks amazing now it is finished to such a high standard.”