Pat and Joe commissioned us to transform their tired and unloved exterior spaces. Their conservatory is a much loved and well used room through out the year, and so the garden had to work from this inside view too. Material choices were kept simple and harmonious, and some of the existing plants were saved with a little TLC.
Please click on the thumbnails below to enlarge.
- Garden design and planting plan.
- The front: A sandstone paving path, cut with beautiful curves softly leads guests to the house passing by the complementary planting: chosen for structure, colours and scent. A reclaimed bench offers a place to sit and enjoy.
- At the side: a simple ‘Cotswolds’ chippings path alongside Roses and Box hedging lead to a quite area to sit and enjoy the restored pond, which is a real wildlife haven.
- The rear garden: continues with curved sandstone paths, stepping up and leading to a raised circular patio, with dining table and chairs.
- Beyond this a lawn, further planting and the customers own pergola. Sculptures and bird feeders within the planting add focal points to draw the eye.
- Our planting brief was to bring softness yet structure; colour and scent; and throughout the seasons.
- Ongoing regular organic garden maintenance.
This was a front, side and rear garden project.